How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 26795
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Whirlpool dryer type DWJR-ELE-2406028-FM54 that also

Resolved Question:

I have a Whirlpool dryer type: DWJR-ELE-2406028-FM54 that also shows MOD LER620PTO. I think the heating element is out. It now takes several cycles to dry things that previously would dry in one cycle. The vent is clear but it is venting a good volume of slightly warm temperature air. Does that sound like the heating element? If so, how do I replace it? If not, what do you think is the cause?

Thanks for the help!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

The model you sent is not in the system, the model is inside the door is that where you got the model number.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is the only thing i see. It is possible that the last digit is a zero instead of an "O". So, please try LER6620PT0.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

The element is # XXXXX and the hi limit thermal is # XXXXX unplug the dryer and take the back off , the element is easily remove to check for a broken coil, check the element.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is a broken coil easy to see? Do I look for a crack? How do I determine the problem is with the hi limit thermal? Where do I purchase replacement parts such as these two items?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
You will see a broken coil when you take the element out, you can buy the parts at check the hi limit thermal you need a volt ohm meter
John and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you