Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE ELECTRIC STOVE SELF CLEANING. i CANT GET THE DOOR TO OPEN

GE ELECTRIC STOVE SELF CLEANING. i CAN'T GET THE DOOR TO OPEN SINCE i CLEANED IT. It's actually my brothers stove, he can't find a button to disengage the latch. Model#JBP63G-   Serial# XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is tough to open , the door latch/lock assembly is bad in this, it will need to be replaced, since your model # XXXXX XXXXX the door and you don't have it i cant look it up, the only thing you can do is get a coat hanger and make a hook to try to hook the latch in the middle of the door and pull it over while pulling on the door, if you cant get it open then you will need to call for service, you can try putting this back into self clean for 2-3 minutes then cancel and see if it will unlock, but thats about it,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I sent the model number and serial number to you
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sorry missed it, Part 245199heres your latch assembly, part# XXXXX on this diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just want to make sure I am only going to pay 15.00. I think it was in there twice. Please confirm on 15 and then I will be satisfied
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes $15.00 is all you will pay when you press accept, it looks like you will need to pull the latch to the left to open this,well wishes and thanks, Bryan