Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag mod#HAV2557AWW. You helped out with the leaning tub

Maytag mod#HAV2557AWW. You helped out with the leaning tub and it is great now that it isn't jumping all over the place but now it is very loud during the spin cycle. Sounds like a bearing is dry. No oil leaks from the tranny and I just replaced the water pump. Is there a bearing that may be failing or is it the tranny. If I have to remove the tranny do I have to take the break assembly apart?

this is a major failer on these, the bearing assembly will need to be replaced, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is a big job and requires a special tool to remove , a spanner wrench, the bearing goes in form the top and comes with instructions but its a big job, you can order everything you need @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-HAV2557AWW-%3d%3di1184188&PartID=1184188 thanks Bryan