How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10364
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have Panasonic microwave (Genius Sensor 1250W) It has functioned

Resolved Question:

I have Panasonic microwave (Genius Sensor 1250W) It has functioned well for several years but, yesterday, I put something in it to heat and now the door will not open. This has not happened before. Is there something I can do to correct this? Please answer as soon as possible. Thanks, XXXXX e-mail: maryheather4
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.


Do you have the actual Model number of the Appliance so that I may better assist you?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model # XXXXX on the back of the appliance: NN H965WF
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.

ok In order to be able to open the door you will need to remove the wrapper (outside cover)

To be able to get to the door latch assembly.

Have you ever worked on a Microwave before?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, I have never worked on a microwave.


What should I do after I have removed the wrap?.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.

first if you have never worked on a Microwave I have to send you this .


***Consumer Product Safety Commission
Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens
CPSC Document #5061
The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



Once you have the cover off you will need to replace the latch assembly

The latch assembly will probably run you about $50.00-75.00

Whrlp Master Tech and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you