Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, I have a problem with a Kitchenaid Electric Range Mod

Hello, I have a problem with a Kitchenaid Electric Range Mod YKERC506HW2, Ser 1MK1146936. I get "PF" whenever we use the oven, all other systems seem to work fine. Do you have any idea whats up?

PF stands for power failer, is the oven not working at all?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Depends what you mean by working. Will it operate on all functions, YES, But only for 3-5 minutes. I feel that when things HEAT up, a fuse or sensor blows. My opion only. I am good a doing the actual work, just no idea where to start or where to go to find the part(s).
Thanks for your time
well on this model there is no thermal fuse that i can find so the problem is going to be the clock itself. Part 905054Part 905054yours may be a different color though, the relay on the clock is not holding in but you can just change the relay you would have to replace the clock, the burners work correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, all the surface burners work, is there a part number for the relay/clock
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
On Partselect.ca the replacement part has two options for part #15(PS404032 and PS404031) , which one is the correct part.....whats the difference between them.
Thanks for the sears site info
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
On repairclinic.com(got that from your pic above) the replacement part has two options for part #15(PS404032 and PS404031) , which one is the correct part.....whats the difference between them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you still there. Your site is for USA location, Sears Canada does not have the parts. Is there any Canadian parts suppliers that you recomend
I don't know where you can find the part , Sears U.S is the only place i can find it, you will have to call all the parts suppliers in Canada and see if you can locate one, I'm not sure why they list two different ones, thats all i can do to help, sorry, thanks Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 3/12/2010 at 7:28 PM EST