How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding a Kenmore Dishwasher 665.13123k701 We recently

This answer was rated:

Regarding a Kenmore Dishwasher 665.13123k701:

We recently had an artesian well drilled and a good bit of sediment came through our plumbing. Consequently, our dishwasher started acting up and began to stop mid-cycle, soap remaining in the dispenser. After a couple tries to "rewash", the machine started to make a terrible noise (as if some metal is grinding to a position) when first started and will not proceed with the wash. Is this a possible result from excess sediment in our water? And is there a filter that's accessible that's similar to a faucet aerator that may simply be clogged? I am relatively handy and would like to try to address this if possible, but wondering if it is something a tech will need to fix.
you will need to replace the water inlet valve in this, these get clogged easy and its not opening, these cant be cleaned they need to be replaced , as far as the noise with the pump running and no water this can make a lot of noise, first try putting a couple of gallons of water in by hand and then turn it on see if the noise goes away , Part 3310let me know when you put the water in if it quites down if not we will need to look into other possibilities for that, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. Where is the water inlet valve located, and where can I purchase one for this unit? Price? Also, once this is replaced, wouldn't that allow the water to flow so I would not have to "hand-fill" the machine tub with H2O?


yes once it replaced you wont have to fill this again by hand, the fill valve is around $40.00 its part # XXXXX on this diagram, its different then the one pictured above, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its located behind the panel under the door in the front, you can order this @ for $33.00, thanks Bryan

Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you