Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

HOW DO I ACCESS THE LID SWITCH FOR REPLACEMENT ON MY KENMORE

HOW DO I ACCESS THE LID SWITCH FOR REPLACEMENT ON MY KENMORE STACKABLE WASHER? MODEL 417.99845990 - CONTROL KNOBS ARE MOUNTED UNDER DRYER NOT ON TOP OF DRYER?

THANKS
the lid switch in mounted to the washer top, if you take the screws out of the front panel marked # XXXXX on this diagram, then pull the front panel out from the bottom the front panel will come off, then you should be able to reach the lid switch along the right side of the tub, # XXXXX on the diagram, you need to have the lid up to remove this, there is screws holding the lid switch in, heres the switch/lock assembly. Part 916791