Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

On Thursday, March 4, 2010 I noticed the ice maker was not

On Thursday, March 4, 2010 I noticed the ice maker was not working. It was working on Wednesday, March 3, 2010. The sales rep at Sear indicated that I need to probably replace the filter. I did but no ice or noise after 24 hours. Tony
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is the ice maker turning? cycling?when you open the freezer there is a red light on the right side what is that doing? blinking?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I unplugged refrigerator, waited 5 minutes, plugged the refrigerator back into the receptacle. I heard the motor in the ice maker actuate, observed that the ice ejector arm when to the 12 o'clock position, and observed the infrared light flashes. I also took a picture of the infrared light with a digital camera. Infrared unit works.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you still on line?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sorry I was away from my computer. ok so this is cycling? probably whats going on with this(and its common on these) is the line going to the ice maker down through the ceiling of the freezer is frozen up in the ceiling. in the back of the refrigerator there should be a quick connect that you ca separate the line and blow through it, try that and see if its frozen,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, I will first close the supply valve and exhaust the water line from the front of the refrigerator to prevent excessive water on the floor.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could not tell. But, no water is in the tray. Can a hair dryer be used to unthall the line in the refrigerator?