Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag model # MDE2400AYW, serial # 12422256GE, Dryer will

Customer Question

Maytag model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX Dryer will not start, Error code 3E
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok the cause is going to be the thermal fuse. let me look that up for you,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great, I appreciate the quick response. I don't find the 'Green accept" button on this page ?
Is this also called the thermistor ? Manufacturers part # XXXXX ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is the part #, 35001921, check for continuity if theres none change it, sorry for the delay, you can order this @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=4045147&pn_=35001021 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Maybe I'm mistaken, The part I removed was on the blower housing and is called the thermistor. Is this not the same as the thermal fuse ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no , that controls the temperature, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=is this it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, that picture is what I removed. I will replace it and order the part you recommend. Where is that thermal fuse located ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry the part # XXXXX XXXXX part # XXXXX on this diagram,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
actually, there is continuity ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok ,check the other one then, the diagrams only say thermostat not thermal fuse,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
both have continuity
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well, this machine is complicated from here on out, the problem could be the door switch or the control board, is the belt still on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the belt is on
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok it can only be one of two things, the door switch or the control , if there is not sound at all when you push start its one of those two things, test the door switch for continuity when its closed, the control panel is $163.00 so if your not sure you may want to call for service, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=4045889&rdr=%2fpartsearch.aspx%3fpn_%3d35001270&pn_=35001270 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The door switch works fine. Continuity when closed. The only sound when trying to start is the error beep. I'm sure I have continuity at both thermostats, and the door switch. So it can only be the control panel ? Let me know if you have any other thoughts. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

thats about all there is left, theres nothing else to check, you will need a control board unfortunately, sorry, thanks Bryan