Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore 790 range Stove works. Oven, broiler and self cleaning

Kenmore 790 range: Stove works...
Kenmore 790 range: Stove works. Oven, broiler and self cleaning won't.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2010
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
can you get me the full model #?
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

• Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit
  • Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

• Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

• On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)
  • On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open)
Mod # XXXXX Ser # XXXXX 64343639
can you resend the model ? it came through all xxxxx try puttng a space between each #
790 78582406
ok what happens when you press the buttons to start the bake?
The light goes on for a few seconds and goes off.
Are there two boards? Or are you saying it looks like one or the other? Plus where is it located and is it hard to put in? Approx. price of board.
no I just showed you both views its the same board front and back views,
Where is it located and approx how much is it and will I be able to switch it out?
its the clock itself, you could probably do it yourself, this runs around $147.00, @ sears.
Wait a minute. This is the first time that you mentioned the clock. The clock works fine. Where is the board it located and how do I get to it??
the clock and the board are all one part, just because the clock works doesn't mean the board part of the clock is working , the relay on the board isn't holding in and thats why it come on for a second then shuts off, sorry I was a little vague, thanks Bryan
Last question. How do I get to it and will I be able to get the board for less somewhere else?

heres a diagram, its right in the control panel, thats the cheapest price I can find but the part # XXXXXNNN-NN-NNNNif you hunt around you may find one cheaper, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician