Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore ultra wash dishwasher (not sure what model)

Customer Question

I have a kenmore ultra wash dishwasher (not sure what model) that was working fine, but now on the quick wash it is stuck on 6 minutes, will not finish. I flipped the breaker hoping it would reset but it just goes back to where it was. It will not respond by pressing the cancel/drain button and I can't get it to start over. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a full model number so that I can better assist you? If you open the door and look around the door frame or the dishwasher frame, there should be a sticker with a full model number on it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
There are several numbers after that. Can I get those numbers as well?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

/sorry I thought that was serial #

Model # XXXXX /p>

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
sorry, now the website is blocking it. Can you add some spaces and decimals so the website doesn't think it's a phone number?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
665.15862990
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok perfect thank you, XXXXX XXXXX're saying the timer is still stuck on 6 minutes even after resetting the power?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes. And unfortunately the power company is supposed to shut power off to the house here shortyly so I may have to resume this later. Is that possible?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok well that means that your control board is definitely bad because resetting the power should cause the board to start over. Here is a link to the part you will need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The machine worked fine when I ran the short rinse. Is there any chance it is not the board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
no definitely not. There is nothing else that could cause the unit to stick on 6 minutes.