How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 81139
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE compactor GCG1700LII serial SR690422H. The bi-metal

Resolved Question:

I have a GE compactor GCG1700LII serial SR690422H. The bi-metal lever or tab that contacts the switch near the foot pedal broke and I am having a very hard time locating one. The appliance parts houses I have contacted show that I need the complete pedal assembly to get the tab !!!! surely you have this item that is held on with 2 phillips screws available separately.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
The reason you can't find this lever or "actuator" is because GE only sells it with the entire pedal. That being said, this unit is made by Whirlpool for GE so you can purchase the Whirlpool part separately---doesn't make sense I know but whatever. Here is a link to the part.


Tyler Z. and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you