esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

I HAVE A SIDE BY SIDE MODEL FRS26ZRF. FRIG IS NOT WORKING

I HAVE A SIDE BY SIDE MODEL FRS26ZRF.
FRIG IS NOT WORKING BUT FREEZER IS.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 7 years ago.
hi do see ice or frost build up on the freezer side backwall is the fan runing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

there is no ice build up on the back wall, but when I checked for it, I noticed that my ice bin is completly empty. But everything is still frozen, and I don't hear a fan

hi do you see a door switch around the freezer door area looks like this if so press it now does the fan turn on
Part 915043 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
915043
Price
$9.00
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the only thing that I see is two buttons side by side. The one on the right shuts the light when pressed in, the other dosen't have any effect. To the right of these buttons is a temp control knob, I turned to thecoldest position but I still don't hear a fan.
hi ok great that is the problem the fan is out ,thats why the fridge is not cooling no air going to it. also if the freezer doesnt get below 16 degrees the ice maker will not signal for water to come .in.replace the fan to fix this issue,pressing accept formy help pays me thanks i can get you a price on it