Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool washer is giving me the error code F02. We have…

Customer Question
My whirlpool washer is giving...
My whirlpool washer is giving me the error code F02. We have checked the hose still not draining??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/10/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
is this a duet? front load?
Yes
F/02

Long Drain

If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and "F/02" is flashed.

NOTE: After 4 minutes the "Sud" error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
  • Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
  • Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
  • Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
  • If the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.
ok you will need to remove the front panel under the door (there are three screws close to the floor) you may need to tip this back a bit to see them, take the panel off and you will see a drain cap in the front middle, get some towels! there will be water, I find it better to tip the machine back against the wall and prop it back , remove the cap counterclockwise and pull out clean real good and put it back and try the drain, this should take care of the drain problem, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician