Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an oven range (maytag) model MER 5530 the top elements

Customer Question
work , but the oven...
I have an oven range (maytag) model MER 5530 the top elements work , but the oven does not work and the clock display is blank, on trying to recover digital read-out, I just get the letter f.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/8/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
is the code just F or is there also a #?
I'm sorry I've made an error, it reads " off" not "f" as I had originallly stated, so sorry
can you check the model # XXXXX there should be more to it,
Brands We Carry
Tell a Friend
Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.
LOCATE YOUR RANGE/STOVE/OVEN MODEL NUMBER
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

• Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit
  • Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

• Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

• On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)
  • On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open)
I've found the model # MER5770ACW Maytag electric range
ok i looked up your clock which is what you need to repair this and its no longer available unfortunately, sorry, there is no reset for this it would need to be replaced, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician