Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

In the last month, my kenmore elite top mount refrigerator

Customer Question
model XXXXXXXXXXX manufactured in...
In the last month, my kenmore elite top mount refrigerator model XXXXXXXXXXX manufactured in 09/2006 has accumulated significant water on the shelves in the bottom part of the refrigerator. It ices up towards the back of the shelf. I have to remove all of the food, cannot keep anything in a cardboard container and clean up the mess. I decided to stop using the water filter since I think this is causing problems. Last summer, the water dispenser would stop dispensing water for no apparent reason, but if I waited a day it would miraculously start working again. This is the 2nd problem that I have had with this refrigerator since I bought it. I am thinking of replacing it. My other refrigerator is 25 years old and had one repair. Do you know what might cause this problem?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/7/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
can you resend the model #? it didn't come through, thanks Bryan
XXXXXXXXXXX
ok you need to send it with a space between each #, the computer is block it, it think its a phone number which is not allowed

1 0 6 7 4 2 1 2 4 0 2

one zero six seven four two one two four zero two

Did you get my message?
ARe you still there?
yes I'm looking up info, be back shortly
thanks
ok the freezer is on top correct?
yes
ok you need to remove the panel in the back of the freezer and defrost the ice under the coils, the drain line for your defrost is clogged, this should solve the problem of the water in the fresh food section (very common issue with these) let me know thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician