How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Craig Your Own Question
Craig, Electrical Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 4529
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Craig is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Hampton Bay fan model number AC-552(F568) HH . I

This answer was rated:

I have a Hampton Bay fan model number AC-552(F568) "HH". I need to change the light bulbs but I can't figure out how to access the light bulbs (remove the globe). How do I do that?
Many of this type of globe are held in with retaining clips. Just grasp the globe firmly with both hands and pull downward and it should release the clips.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That does not work. The gobe is firmly attached to the base.


Then it is threaded, turn it towards you (your right hand) it is upside down, so that is loosen. It must be a threaded globe. You don't see three small screws spaced around the base of the globe do you? If there is, then loosen the screws to take it out. They use all three methods on different models to attach the globe.
Craig and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That was it -- it was the type where the entire globe screwed on. I think it simply had been overtightened when originally installed. Thanks for your help -- very prompt and on point.
Thank you! Glad to help...Craig