Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My jennair range is giving me a F1-7 error message and beeping.

I tried turning the power...
My jennair range is giving me a F1-7 error message and beeping. I tried turning the power off and back on again, and it quits temporarily.
2/6/2010
johnson.1982j
hi

Thank you for asking your question at JustAnswer.

Please try a hard reset. Unplug the unit from power supply and other units connected to it.
Restart it after 30 minutes. This should drain all the charges and reset the unit.

It seems that the problem is with the capacitors on circuit board. please call your manufacturer to get it repaired.

Already tried the hard reset.

Several times.

No offense, but I do not want to involve expensive service people or I would have already done so. The F1-7 error code means something to someone familiar with these ranges, and I want to know what that is so I can fix it.

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

This is a shorted keypad, Jenn-Air ranges are known for this problem, this is part number 74005745, You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part 895128

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician