Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I turned off my GE oven last night and found that it was still

I turned off my GE oven last night and found that it was still hot this morning. I've unplugged it and it cooled down, but when I plugged it back in, it heated up again. Any idea what's happening here? Is it an issue with the element or the connection between the element and the on/off knob?
Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
was the element red hot or just giving off heat but not getting red?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One small section (1/4") was red hot. Everything else was black, but hot.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok your element is shorted out, Part 3358this needs to be changed, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-jbp24g+s2wh-%3d%3di3358&PartID=3358 unplug the range before taking element out, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great! Is removing the element similar to removing the burners on the stove top, just unplug and plug back in? In other words, it changing this out something that anyone can do?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well there are screws on the element holding the wires on. unplug thr oven before removing, thanks Bryan