Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Before leaving town for a trip I turned off my water. I also

Before leaving town for a trip I turned off my water. I also turned off the icemaker in my Whirlpool Ice maker by turning the switch in the freezer to OFF. When I returned I turned the water back on and turned the switch in the freezer back on. Now read light in the freezer at the icemaker switch is read and no ice is being made. What do I do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
are you talking about the red light on the right side as you open the freezer door?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok so the lights off? when you open the door this should be blinking, is it not?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just heard water running for the first time and the red light on the Ice Maker control that is located on the right wall of the freezer is blinking.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok open the door and push the flap in on the other side and tell me if the light stays on steady, don't block the electronic eye,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The red light blinks twice pauses and then blinks twice pauses and blinks on and on with or with out moving the flap on the left wall of the freezer
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you have a bad emitter and receiver on this, Electronic control part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$92.10 - Click Image to Closethis should only blink when the door is open and the flap is not pushed in, with the flap in the light should stay on steady, you can order this @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=90 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This refrigerator is less than 3 months old. Should this part be under warrenty?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes it should, there should be a warranty # XXXXX your book call for service, thanks Bryan