esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

I have an Amana gas range/stove model ARG7302WW. I cleaned

Customer Question

I have an Amana gas range/stove model ARG7302WW. I cleaned the oven with spray oven cleaner, and now the range burners nor the oven will light. I do not have an owner's manual. Can you help with a proceedure?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 7 years ago.
hi is this gas also the oven bottom has 2 vents did the spray get in there
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it's a gas unit. The spray got there too, it appears.
can u raise the top of the stove and check are the pilots lit please
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've been trying to raise the top by simply pulling it up. I've given it a good tug, but I can't get the stove top to raise. Each stove burner has 2 screws. Do I need to remove them?
when u turn the burner on to light it is the pilot gas or a spark type where it clicks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's a spark-type. It makes the normal clicking noise, but it doesn' spark to ignitet the gas. The gas does flow, though.
so the burners spark and u can smell the gas coming through but wont light correct
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, the burners click like they are trying to spark, but I'm not sure they are actually sparking. The gas does flow. The burners won't light.
hi ok i just saw a pic of the type of burners on ur stove if the burner caps are secured in position the top burners have nothing to do with the oven burner .the top burners were not touched correct
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The top burners were touched. I took a moment to clean the ignitors a bit. I have 1 of them working now (front left) The other 3 not yet. Intersting problem though: when I turn the nob to try to light the front right, gas flows to the front right, but the ignitor clicks for the back left.
hi ok thats what i needed to know ok the ignitors have grounded out due to being cleaned any type of wetness or moisture will cause to spark but not ignite,and as for turning on one and the other sparks they all plug in together to the same ground thats how they work give them an hour or so to dry up the moisture and they will all light up again guaranteed . sir.pressing accept pays me thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, all the ignitors are sparking. Two are working now. The other 2 are sparking, but not strong enough to light the gas. I assume they will come around in time (once they dry out). One last question...will the oven also start working (lighting) when it dries out too?
hi the oven has an ignitor looks like this when u turn the thermostat itc should glow orange then with in a minute or 2 light up pressing accept pays me thanks
Part 1191 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
1191
Price
$53.10
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
ur welcome