Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jenn aire Grill Range with Self cleaning Conventional…

Customer Question
I have a Jenn aire...
I have a Jenn aire Grill Range with Self cleaning Conventional and Convection Oven. Model # XXXXX
It is continuously beeping and showing the code F7. What does it mean?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/1/2010
Appliance Technician: S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician

f7 means the control pad is shorted or a stuck key pad. you need to replace the control board. the big problem here is there is no way to test the touch pad. the most common of the problems with this code is the board but your taking a chance. how old is this unit? this board had 5 years on warranty.

F7Shorted key sensed for 32 seconds1. Membrane shorted, or,
2.
Display board defective

the touch control pad is either $164.39 or $216.34 depending on series and the board is $162.17.

The unit is 9 years old

None of the oven control buttons are working, the cooktop will turn on, but when I press the oven control buttons there is no response. I used the oven last week. At first the oven did not repond, so I turned the breaker off and back on and then it worked. Now no matter how many times I turn the breaker on and off, the oven controls, the touch pad, does not respond.

Are you saying I definitely need a control board and I MAY also need a touch control pad? Should I buy the control board first and see if that's it. Then buy the touch control pad if that doesn't fix it. And do you supply these items?

Also is it safe to use the cooktop in the meantime. The beeping is freaking me out, so I keep the breaker off.

you can continue using the top. yes you want to change the board first. this is most likely the problem. its not to often the pad goes bad but it does happen. the parts can be found at http://www.appliancepartspros.com/

Enlarge Photo
Electronic oven control assembly - Single oven control assembly.
Part Number: AP4088560 made by WHIRLPOOL
$162.17 Out of stock
Usually ships within 5 - 6 days

you can compare price also at www.appliancezone.com these are the cheapest two places i have found.
S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician