S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

I have a Maytag Neptune and I can hear water when I load clothes

I have a Maytag Neptune and I can hear water when I load clothes and turn the drum around. I opened it during the washing cycle and about a gallon of water came out on the floor. What is wrong?
you will always here that sound when you spin the inner tub around as this is the liquid balance ring. this is what keeps the tub balanced during spin. if water comes out when pausing the door and opening it then it is over flowing. this can only be caused by the pressure switch but it a very rare problem. if you would like to replace the pressure switch i can get you the part number and price but need you to get the model number off the top of the console on the back.