Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My GE microwave oven starts and the cuts off. PF shows on the

Customer Question
panel screen? It is...
My GE microwave oven starts and the cuts off. PF shows on the panel screen? It is only a little over a year [email protected] Thanks!
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/20/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
this means that either you magnetron is going bad leaking microwaves, or the control board itself is bad.

You will want to unplug the unit and remove the control panel. hinge the control panel away from the microwave slightly and start a cycle. If it still gives you a PF error, then you need to replace your control board. If it doesn't then the microwave are leaking and affecting the board and the magnetron will need to be replaced.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc