How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old general electric kitchen wall clock model

Resolved Question:

I have an old general electric kitchen wall clock model do I remove either the rod or end of the time set rod so I can separate the acrylic side from the face to which the works are connected?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Apply a drop or two of light machine oil to the knobs, and give the oil a day or so the penetrate the threads. To remove the knobs, gently turn them counterclockwise until they come off the shafts. If you can, hold the shafts with a pair of needle nosed pliers.

John and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you