Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my electric oven is smoking what is causing the problem ,the

Customer Question
oven is spotless clean .....
my electric oven is smoking what is causing the problem ,the oven is spotless clean ..
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/6/2010
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
Whats the make and model number please? Thanks.

the oven is a belling oven the top oven (grill) does not smoke ,the bottom oven (main)

smokes if u try to roast anything ,im not sure of the number oven is in another house ..

Does it smoke if theres nothing in it?
yes smokes ,when empty as well ,sorry for delay in reply ..
Is this a new oven?

no william . its a few years old, but is in reasonable condition ,other than the smoking problem

rest of cooker is working perfectly .The cooker is in my house up in durham and sadly

i cant remember the model number ,if u have any idea what might be the problem

would be great ..the model is very simular to the belling e641 model in style ..u can

google image that, to give u more of an idea ...of what u r dealing with ..

thanks viv

Is this a rubber smel or can you give me and idea? What color is the smoke?
there is no rubber smell ,smoke is greyish black

I would replace the element in it.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

william, Home Appliance Technician
william, Home Appliance Technician