Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Ice maker not refilling with water after ice is made. Was working

Ice maker not refilling with water after ice is made. Was working fine, and then stopped working. Also, the end slot of the tray doesn't seem to produce a full size cube of ice lately. I've checked to make sure no small pieces of ice are stuck in the mechanism, and the water line is on. I have a Kitchen Aid side by side and the water dispenser in the door is working fine. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the most like and common reason for this is the electronic water inlet valve is bad, Part 3307this is a dual valve so the water in the door will work but the side that runs the ice maker is bad, this is located in the back of the refrigerator where the water line connects, you will need your model # XXXXX make sure you get the right valve, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm at work right now, so can't take a look at this until tonight. Where can I get the new valve, and any idea on average cost? I do appreciate your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you can get it here, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b121a4ei3307&PartID=3307 average cost around $50.00, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One more question Bryan, how hard is it to replace that valve?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
relly easy actually, shut the water off and remove the water line the take rear cover off refrigerator to get to the valve, there should be one maybe two screws holding this in remove them and the the valve will come out, unscrew thw two plastic lines and remove the two plugs, then instal new, not as hard as it sounds, good luck and well wishes, thanks Bryan