Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My sharp microwave door latch is broken (poss spring problem).

Customer Question

My sharp microwave door latch is broken (poss spring problem). How do I access the inner workings of the door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you check the model # XXXXX not comming up, look inside the microwave and see if theres more #s, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model # XXXXX 530 ES
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

this is the most common problem on these, the plastic breaks and the door wont open,

Part 916507you can find the parts @ http://www.repairclinic.com/Sharp-Microwave-Parts hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The door opens and closes...It won't lock. The plastic "hooks" on the door move up and down freely; nothing is visibly broken on the exterior. In addition to the part, I need to know how to access the door interior. I could see no screws, etc.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok sorry I mis understood, ok inside the door is this, Part 761007there is a spring that has either broken loose,(the plastic breaks sometime) or the spring has just come off. on the inside of the door around it is a plastic trim piece that just snaps in, take a small screw driver or even a sharp knife and pry the trim off, it snaps in all the way around, then you can get to the spring assembly, hope this is helpful, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is what your door trim should look like, Part 966646