Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have a maytag wide by side model #MZD2766GE. About every 6

Have a maytag wide by...
Have a maytag wide by side model #MZD2766GE. About every 6 weeks I have to
defrost the cooling coils. It is completely iced up and the refrigerator part is getting warm.
It is labeled frost free.

Thanks,

1/4/2010
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
this is a very common problem with this refrigerator, the adaptive defrost board is bad, this is electronic and they fail on all these refrigerators,
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 948430

you need to replace this, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MZD2766GE-%3d%3di948430&PartID=948430 hope this is helpful, this is located up in the control panel in the refrigerator section,

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Is the control panel the temp controls for the freezer and the frig? I pulled the plastic

shroud down and noticed a piece of paper which turned out to be a wiring schematic showing tucked into a clip. It looks like the clip is next to the adaptive defrost board.

Am I in the correct area.

Thanks

yes that is stuck right beside the board, thats what your problem is, change the board problem solved, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician