Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

For the new year, my maytag gas dryer has decided not to dry...the

Customer Question
drum spins, but the heater...
For the new year, my maytag gas dryer has decided not to dry...the drum spins, but the heater is not heating. Could it be the ignitor or is it an electrical switch function?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
LDG 8404 AAE
ok let me take a look at your model and I'll be back shortly, thanks Bryan
ok, thanks Bryan
ok , there are a lot of reasons this can happen, do you think you can take this appart and check a few things? we need to check some things to find out what the problem might be, let me know , thanks Bryan
do you think you can get the front off, there are two screws down the bottom of the front panel if you remove thewm and pull the bottom out and it will come off, be careful there are door switch wires connected just turn it to the side and leave them connected, let me know if you get this done, the rest is easy, I'm just going to have you run the dryer and look inside,
Given mr a little more time...these screws have never been off and their a little tight!
ok no problem

are you having trouble? let me know thanks, Bryan

OK, panel is off the front of the dryer...what would you like me to do?
ok you left the door switch wires hooked up correct?, put the dryer on high heat and start it, watch inside the dryer and tell me if the igniter is glowing, it will glow orange. let me know, thanks

Bryon,

No glow at all...

ok the problem is going to be either the igniter is bad or the elctronic eye (flame sensor) is bad. do you hear a loud click when you start the dryer? do you have and know how to use a volt meter?this is your igniter,Part 3018and this is your flame sensor,
Gas dryer sensor for igniter and flame
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 2681
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
No click...just the drum spinning
ok can you use a volt meter? there is a lot of things we need to check,

Bryon,

I could if I had one...unfortunately I lent mine out and it hasn't come back! What's my chances just replacing the assembly?

well I hate to see you buy something you dont need, can you get one for tomorrow afternoon or night? I'll be glad to come back on tomorrow and finnish this with you, (I have to work tomorrow) if you want to try the igniter you can go to this site for all the parts, click this blue link, http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-LDG+8404+AAE+-%3d%3de I have to hit the hay but I'll check early in the morning for your answer, thanks Bryan
I appreciate that...let me see what I can do to get one after work. Thanks for the help!
ok great, dont want you to spend more money than you have to, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician