Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Good Evening everyone! I just moved into a new house that

Good Evening everyone! I just moved into a new house that has a whirlpool refridegerator model # XXXXX anyhow it'll give me water but it doesn't seem to make ice! Can anyone please tell me how to hook up the ice maker! I'm not even sure if its getting water (the ice maker that is) I know its turned on! Anyhow Thanks so very much in advance!
is the ice maker cycling? fingers turning? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't think the fingers are turning how do I check that?

ok that narrows it down, on the front of the ice maker there is a plastic cover this pops off its just snapped on, take a small screw driver and pry it off, you will then see this.

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=check the center of the gear and see if one of the tabs holding the gear is broken or missing, let me know thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure what to try to pry off i took off the door and it only shows the ice maker tray that is empty!
ok your ice maker is sideways across the front of the freezer correct? these are harder to work on, when you open the freezer door there is a red light on the right side is this blinking?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes that's right! the ice holder is on the door!

ok open the door and on the left side there is a flap. push the flap in and see if the light stays on solid, dont cover the hole the beam goes through, just push it in from the bottom let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The light isn't even on now! but it was blinking earlier!?!
ok no light at all? this means the emiter and reciever are bad. Electronic control part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$72.10 - Click Image to Closethis basicly sends an eletronic beam across the door to check the hieght of the ice cubes, when its full it breaks the beam and shuts the ice maker of, you can order this @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=90 replace this and you will be making ice in no time, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok its blinking again and when I open the door and hold it in it continues to blink!
ok its definately bad, this should come on solid when you push the flap in, it need to be replaced for sure, this will solve your problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much Bryan!!!
your very welcome, happy new year! thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi that doesn't seem to be the problem! Come to find out wedon't think its getting any water to the ice maker! Any suggestions? Thanks, Lisa

check and make sure the black tube running down from the sealing to feed the water isnt frozen, is the ice maker turning now?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We can't tell if the black thing is frozen although we know what you are talking about. Also we're waiting to see if the ice maker is turning which is why we put water in it! It needs time to freeze though right?
yes, I have to go to work but will be back later , talk then , thanks Bryan
talk later