How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Kenmore classic grille. I want to replace it. Having

Resolved Question:

I have a Kenmore classic grille. I want to replace it. Having a hard time finding a stove/oven with the down draft exhaust. Any suggestions? Plus, how can I insulate the bottom of oven as there is a tremendous draft coming up from it? Thank you
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

If you can give me the model number, I can identify the original manufacturer. It's most likely a Jenn Air unit, but I need to verify that.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, it's a Kenmore: Model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Kenmore is just a Sears trade name. The unit was produced by the Roper appliance

company. They would be a good source to check for a similar unit. I'll post back with contact information.

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

It turns out that Roper appliances are manufactured by Whirlpool. Here are two websites you can check for a new unit, '', and 'www.'.

The draft is being created by the downdraft vent fan. The vent hose that's supposed to direct the exhaust out of the house has probably come loose from its flange.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What type of replacement unit would work? Having a tough time finding a "downdraft"
exhaust........whirlpool nor roper do not make one.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
I thought that might be the case. The only company producing downdraft units that I'm aware of is Jenn Air. Their website is ''.
John and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you