Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

wirpool dryer LER 7626LW0 Replaced the timer 2 weeks ago

wirpool dryer LER 7626LW0

Replaced the timer 2 weeks ago and dryper worked great. Now as we were drying clothes in the medium heat mode, we stopped and checked the load and when we were putting it back on to complete the cycle it did not turn on. I checked the on and off pushbutton with an ohm meter and it checks out. The light is on, on the inside of the dryer. I have the dryer presentlyl unpluged and the back off about to check the thermal fuse. help. And good morning.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 7 years ago.
I think you are on the right track. The thermal fuse is the plastic part on the blower duct with blue wires. It should have continuity and can be bypassed, (tape it safely) to see if the dryer will run. If it is bad you should check the vent for blockage and make sure the dryer is not overheating. Let me know what you find and ask any foloow up questions. Dave