Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My Magic Chef microwave Model MC0160UB sometimes turns on by

Customer Question

My Magic Chef microwave Model MC0160UB sometimes turns on by itself. Pushing cancel or any other button does nothing to turn it off - I have to unplug it. At other times when I want to use it, I push buttons but there is no reaction/response.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.
does this happen all the time or just when you are cooking on the stove below?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It happens very regularly and does not seem to have anything to do with cooking on the stove beneath - in fact, I think that the problem has always occurred while we were not using the stove top.
ok and is the microwave coming ON (counting down ,lights on turntable turning )or is it just the fan?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The microwave does come on most of the time and it does count down. When I was talking about the fan, I was meaning the stove fan that is built in to this microwave. This is the type of microwave that is installed above a stove range. It has a built-in fan and light for aid cooking on the stove beneath it.

ok then it will have to be in the control then .

and the model number you gave,MC0160UB does not show as a good number can you check it again,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Magic Chef MCO160UB