Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

How to access power cord reel on Kenmore Canister Vacuum model

How to access power cord reel on Kenmore Canister Vacuum model number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 7 years ago.
Hi yaCustomer

Below are the diagrams you need to see the cord and access and the scews to remove all the parts. You can buy parts here too.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=116.2501290
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX helps but I still need to find out how to access the Power Cord Reel. Any suggestions?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Some how or another I've missed receiving a reply to my follow up question that I asked on 12/31/2009 at 1:06 PM (see above). Today is 1/06/2010, I still need to find our how to access the Power Cord Reel. Any suggestions?

Yours truely,

Customer/p>
Expert:  Neilwill replied 7 years ago.
Most of these you have to take off the cover on the back end where the cover retrack button is. Usually it has a catch, 2 on each side, use a screw driver, pry up near each corner to release it, then you can get to the cover over the moter and cord reel. Remove the 2 screw and put up and out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Found 2 screws on front end of the rear deck cover. Only able to lift front edge slightly. Exploded view shows at least 1 more screw under the retrack cover (to fully release?). Tried to pry up on cover but was concerned plastic would break. I'm getting closer to my goal. Any final thoughts?