MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

How to change door springs on Amana SofSound III ADW862EAS

Are you sure it is a bad spring? Most of the time it is the plasic link above the spring that attatches to the hinge. It is # XXXXX in the look up below. You will need to unsecure the unit to pull it out about 6 inches. Most of the time under a good install nothing else will have to be removed. Unplug the unit and turn off the water to it just in case.

Click here for parts

Thank you let me know if it was the spring or the links, please...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I "unsecure" the unit? Is this done just to unplug power and water? Then do I just take out the screws and replace? Or do I need to be extremely careful for other parts or springs to come loose after I take the door panel off?

Click here for manual

Use the manual above to help. Remove power from the unit. Open the door and remove the mounting screws. Remove the toe panel and lower the legs so the top of the unit clears the counter top. If the water supply is copper you may want to remove the valve from the unit but leave the copper on it. This is so not to cause a leak. If you remove the toe panel you may be able to find the spring and the peices of the link. Let me know..