Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My freezer is making a loud buzzing noise. It sounds like

My freezer is making a loud buzzing noise. It sounds like the fan is running in overdrive. This happened overnight.
is this comming from inside the freezer or in the back of the refrigerator? does the fan whine up and down? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a constant sound (much louder than usual) coming from the inside of the freezer just under the ice maker compartment. It is where the cold air is coming out into the freezer.

sounds like the fan is bad or the mother board is causing this. is there any frost on the back panel inside the freezer at all? check real good, use your fingernail to scrape it. let me know thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There isn't any frost on the panel that covers the fan but there is some frost on the piece above it (directly behind the ice holder) and under the ice holder.

ok you will need to remove the back panel in the freezer and see how much frost is behind the panel. see if the fan is hitting any ice or frost, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Alright...I am heading out the door to go to work, but I will try this tonight. Thank You.
ok talk later thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The noise seemed to stop on its own during the day. I'm willing to bet that you were right about the frost/ice by the fan. I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
no problem, I'll be here if you need more help, just leave the question open and I will get your posts, thanks Bryan