Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our dishwasher is not functioning properly. the cancel button

Our dishwasher is not functioning properly. the cancel button does not activate, the timer button will only allow a 4 hour delay, and it seems like the dryer cycle is not turing on after a wash cycle. Is there some sort of reset or diagnostic test for the computer/circuit board part ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you recheck the model #? its not comming up, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry: 665.16463300
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok sorry i had to go out for a bit, these dish washers do have problems with the control boards, the heater and the boards didnt match wattage so the boards were burning out, this is a common problem on these, I'll check some places for the best price on this, I'll be back soon, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the cheapest price I can find for this, @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=3775964&pn_=8539379 for $83.00 this will take care of your issue, hope this has been helpful, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does this control board fix the wattage issue or will it simply fail again in about 5 years like the current one?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well according to whirlpool (whirlpool makes this) its been taken care of. I've replaced a lot of these over the last year and it seems to take care of it, I realy cant say how long it will last though, but so far so good. hope this helps, thanks Bryan