Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our Heavy Duty Commercial Frigidare deep freezer is not freezing

Customer Question
what could be wrong?...
Our Heavy Duty Commercial Frigidare deep freezer is not freezing what could be wrong?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
is the compressor running? can you feel the compressor and tell me if its hot or cold?, I could also use a model # XXXXX you can find it, thanks Bryan
I thank this is the model # XXXXX G U 70 HLC if that is not it tell me were I can find it,and the compressor is warm but I did turn the inside down so it wouldn't freeze this morning.
here where to look for the model #
LOCATE YOUR FREEZER MODEL NUMBER
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Chest freezer

• On the outside right or left side of the freezer
  • On the inside wall of the freezer

Upright freezer

• On the face frame of the freezer body, or on the inside wall of the freezer
  • Behind the toe kick-plate
the # XXXXX gave didnt come up. is the compressor running now?
The compressor is warm, we dont know if it is running and how can you tell if it is or not? model # XXXXX XXXXX the last number or letter in the model # XXXXX XXXXX zero or O

We we turn the dail in the freezer it seemed like it tried to turn on but then click off.
ok does the click sound like its comming from the compressor? if so you will need to replace the start relay in this, its on the side of the compressor, Part 916969if after replacing this it still clicks and doesnt start your compressor is shot, heres where you can oder this, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-FFU17C3HW0-%3d%3dei916969&PartID=916969 Hope this info is usefull, thanks Bryan
Okay, can we replace this our selves and if so how do we do that?
these just pop off and plug back in, once you have it out you will need to pull the capacitor of and put it on the new relay, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=it piggybacked on this. its not hard to replace yourself, thanks and happy holidays. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician