Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Leakin fridge from top area seems to be through filter cartridge

Customer Question
tray removed filter over 6...
Leakin fridge from top area seems to be through filter cartridge tray removed filter over 6 weeks ago had an engineer call and he replaced the damper!

Turned water of only use it to do washing then turn it off again. The damper replaced yesterday still leaking and i noticed the ice was filling up so got rid of the ice cubes?

Desperate XXXXX XXXXX please reply Maytag fridgefreezer model number GZ2626GEKB 6 MONTHS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
ok is this the plug you put where the filter goes,? Part 915426this is the filter bypass and should get water when this is in, if the filter was changed and this still leaks it has to be the water filter head thats bad. # XXXXX on this diagram, you need to call maytag,(which is now made by whirlpool) and demand they send out a different tech and fix this correctly, they will need to replace the filter head, it comes with new tubing, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
DEAR BRYAN NO FILTER HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED THE ENGINEER SAID IT WAS THE DAMPER
the damper shouldnt cause a water leak , this damper is for airflow from the freezer to the fresh food section, you need to get a new tech to look at this, I dont believe he knows what he's doing. is the water comming from the area of the filter?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician