Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Dryer MCE8000AYW with the drying cabinet on…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag Dryer...
I have a Maytag Dryer MCE8000AYW with the drying cabinet on top. It will not fit in our new home with the cabinet top. How can we convert it to a regular dryer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2009
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

IT is impossible to convert this to a regular dryer, the cabinet will not hold together if you do it, the sides and control panel cannot be seperated as the electronics are tied together..

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician