Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE Profile 26 cu ft. Bottom Freezer. Ice maker wont make

Customer Question
GE Profile 26 cu ft...
GE Profile 26 cu ft. Bottom Freezer. Ice maker won't make ice. Water filter clogged, replaced with bypass. Has been over 36 hours and still no ice. Water dispenser works on door. What's the problem? Ice maker has always had low ice output. Generally, no more than 50 cubes a days. Book said it should be able to make 100 to 130 cubes a day.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2009
Appliance Technician: Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Hi yaCustomer

Ice makers repair is complicated due to there being so many parts making up the component. Below I gave you a link to click on that will take you to my FREE download site for this repair manual. Just click on FREE USER once you get to the link and then wait for the 45 second count down to end at which time the repair manual for your ice maker will down load to your desk top or your download folder. Guard this service manual and you will have it for ever.

Ge Electronic Ice maker Service manual

My icemaker doesn't look like the one in the Service manual. I don't have my refrigerator complete model number but it starts like "PFSS6PKXSS". The motor turns and everything, its just not getting any water. I think I read somewhere on line it is a IM6 type icemaker.
Hi YaCustomer

I usually just replace the ice maker.The ice maker cost $99.

There's no ice
If your ice maker has stopped producing ice completely, check these, in this order:
It may be turned off. Look for the wire along the right side of the ice maker that looks a bit like a coat hanger. If the wire is in the raised position, the ice maker is turned off. If so, try one of these:
If your ice maker has a small red plastic lever, lower it to lower the wire.
If there's no plastic lever, simply lower the wire.
In either case, the ice maker should begin producing ice again. Also make sure that the temperature is 8 degrees Fahrenheit or lower. If the freezer is too warm, the ice maker won't cycle properly.
The ice maker fill tube may be blocked with ice. If so, melt the blockage using a hair dryer-but be careful to not melt any plastic parts! Also replace the water shut-off valve or water-inlet valve, or both, if necessary.
The ice maker head assembly may have broken parts. Look to see if the gears are broken. Check to see if the small plastic arms that rest against the ice rake are broken. If the ice maker head assembly is modular and you've found broken parts, you can just replace it.

Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Neilwill
Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician