How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 81968
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Kenmore gas stove 30 model # XXXXXXXXXX and is

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore gas stove 30" model # XXXXX and is conected for natural Gas already, but i want to convert this to use with propane gas, is there any conversion kit available to make this change and where can i get one, i went to the sears parts store on line and they didnt have my model number i dont know why, because i think kenmore is a sears brand, also this stove is old, maybe that is the reason they dont list this model number, anyway any help you can give me is truly appreciatte thanks Gerardo.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
there isn't a conversion kit for this unit because to convert this unit all you need to do is remove the burners and tighten down the orifaces on the gas valves. The orifaces are the bronze nozzels that direct the gas into the burner on the opposite side of the knob. Tighten these orifaces down ALL THE WAY and it will convert it to LP.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have two more questions, what about the burner for the oven? and this stove comes with a regulator too, do i have to do something else with the regulator, adjust or take it out or just leave like that, if i leave the regulator in the stove do i have to install another one in the LP propane gas tank or the one in the stove is enough to regulate the pressure thanks Gerardo

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
the oven is the same way, tighten down the oriface all t he way for the bake burner.

For the regulator, there is a big nut on the top of the regulator. Unscrew this nut and reverse the cap or the pin on the back side of the cap so that it pushes harder on the spring to convert it to LP.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok , then i dont have to install another regulator at the LP gas tank right?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
I don't know anything about your gas tank, just the oven. I know that you need to reverse the nut on your regulator on the back of your oven where the gas line connects into the range.
Tyler Z. and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you