How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask built1950 Your Own Question
built1950, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 210
Experience:  Appliance Installer
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
built1950 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hit the light button on my GE microwave and it it was like

Customer Question

I hit the light button on my GE microwave and it it was like the light blew and now nothing happens, no lights, no clock, and nothing happens when you touch the buttons. Anything I can do to fix it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
The likely culprit is a blown fuse. You'll have to remove the jacket and follow the electric cord into the unit. The fuse is at the end of it or on the circuit board next to that.
Be aware, microwaves have a high voltage capacitor that can kill you so don't touch anything else.

God Bless
built1950 and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So I will have to take the microwave down from above the stove to actually get in and fix this? Is the high voltage capacitor still deadly if the unit is unplugged?
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Yes and yes. Be carefull.