Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

kenmore 80 series model 23832100, does not seem to spin fast

Customer Question

kenmore 80 series model 23832100, does not seem to spin fast enough, clothes come out dripping wet, ? I have watched it spin with lid up seems slower?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

you will need to replace the clutch assembly in this #5 on this diagram,

part # XXXXX you can get this @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=17 and heres a great video on how to get the machine appart, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vogysB7XOc8&feature=related the clutch comes with instructions, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do i access the cluth from the top by removing the tub or the bottom by removing the motor assembly? cant find a cluth repair video.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to drop the transmission to get at the clutch, I'll send you waht I can to help, first you will need to remove the agiatator assembly, then lena the washer back agianst the wall and prop it so it wont fall . then unplug the motor wires and there will be three bolts holding the transmission up, remove these and pull the transmission down and out of the drive tube, from there ythe instructions that come with the clutch will show you the rest. also you will need to remove the pump hoses to give you enough room to get tranny out, its not to bad a job, you can do it, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Have checked all parts are good seems to have been getting loaded to full, the load i ran spun dry just fine thanx for you help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your welcome, thamks Bryan