MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

Maytag Electric Dryer Model DE410 S/N 277712 No Heat, Heating

Maytag Electric Dryer Model DE410 S/N 277712 No Heat, Heating element replaced recently, looks good yet and clean, whats next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 7 years ago.
Do you know that you have 240 volts going to the unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have checked the outlet to make sure I have 110 on both sides. looked in side of unit near heating element and everything looks normal, no wires burned off or disconnected.
If you know how to use a meter you have to measure from the two outside poles. This will give you 240 volts. Flip the braker off and on. Sometimes only one braker is on. This will allow it to run and not heat. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I have 240 across the outside poles

I did not see any thermo-fuses on the look up. We are down to five items that wood cause it not to heat. Unplug the unit and check 2-4 thermostats to make sure they ohm out. If they are good. Check ohms on the temp switch and the timer. If it still checks good the motor switch may be at fault. This one has to have a live voltage check with the motor running and I do not recomend you doing this one. I can not pull up the wiring diagram for your unit. It may be too old and Maytag has not put it on there site. Sorry I can not help you with the timer or the heat selector wiring. If you remove the two inner screws on top of the timer panel you will find the wiring diagram. Maytag made them fairly east to follow back then. When you do the ohm check make sure to remove one wire from the curcit your testing so not to get a feed back. Good luck and let me know what you find.

Click here for parts

Thank you...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What resistance reading should I get on the thermostats, I see one on the heating element and 2 on the exhaust
It should go all the way or very close to "0". on all the measurements. If the neddle or meter does not move when testing it will be an open curcit, this will tell you that no electricity will pass. Make sure the timer is set to a heating cycle when testing it. Note: take a digital photo of the wiring. It will help if you loose track.