How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace a touchpad on a Kitchenaid electric range.

Resolved Question:

I need to replace a touchpad on a Kitchenaid electric range. Is this something a savy guy can do or should I call an electrician
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well these plug in but you will need to remove the control panel to get to it . heres the diagram, this plugs into the back of the erc (clock) by this ribbon, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you need to remove the back panel and then the clock to release the touchpad membrane, its pretty striaght forward. you can do this yourself. hope this helps thanks , Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 11/12/2009 at 11:00 PM EST
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you