Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Sears Craftsman floor jack leaked out a bunch of fluid and

Customer Question
now it doesn't have near...
My Sears Craftsman floor jack leaked out a bunch of fluid and now it doesn't have near the performance it had before. How can I get it fixed? Can I put hydraulic fluid in it? It was only about 2 or 3 years old and used only about 1 or 2 dozen times. Can Sears repair it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/10/2009
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
HioCustomer
Look over the top of the jack and see if there is a small metal plug. If there is one remove it and fill the chamber with hydrolic oil. You can get the oil at the auto parts store.
The plug may also be made of rubber. Again pull it out and fill the chamber with oil.
Best, THS
Ok. If it still leaks then what should I look at next?

Replacement. If it continues to leak then you have a blown seal. Repairing it would cost more than it would to replace it.

Please click here to see the jack that I have had for over 10 years now. It has seen some pretty heavy use during that time and has never failed me or leaked a drop.

Best, THS