Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My washer wont fill with water. All of the cycles work, water

Customer Question

My washer won't fill with water. All of the cycles work, water is coming into the hoses, but not into washer........HELP!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the first thing to check is the fill hoses , shut the water off at the hoses and remove the hoses , check the screens in the hoses and the fill valve on the machine.you can see the screens in the valve in this picture, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= also when you have the hoses off the machine put them in the tub and turn the water on, make sure its comming out. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'll check that now, but where is the fill valve on the machine itself?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
where the hoses connect in the back, thats the valve.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok - hang on!!! :-)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I put the hoses in the tub, kept them connected to the water source, turned the water on and NO WATER!!! Apparently the issuer is water TO the hoses - I'll check and make sure that the recent construction guys didn't shut it off somewhere - but there is water everywhere else, including the sink in the laundry room.......!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ALL FIXED.......they had shut off the water lines to the washer and forgot to turn them back on!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats probably what happened, they shut them off somewhere else. P.S. I'm from cape cod Ma. not far from you. I live in Tn. now, anyway well wishes , i hope you get to the bottom of it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks! It was a lousey summer for the Cape and beaches this year - rained ALL summer so you didn't miss much! Take care - S.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thanks , you too, Bryan