How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12157
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Model 555SS that I purchased and had installed in

Resolved Question:

I have a Model 555SS that I purchased and had installed in a remodel less than 3 years ago. It spins but doesn't grind up even soft food scraps.

I cannot locate the purchase receipt. Does the model number indicate a time frame that would qualify for in home repair? Or is there something I can do that has any chance of getting this thing working again?

Thanks, XXXXX
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you may have a bad grinding disk plate in this. Part 815719 the problem is these are hard to work on and can be expensive, is this turning at all by itself?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am not sure what you mean by "turning by itself". When I throw the switch, the disposal makes a noise similar to that of a normal disposal and I can see the plate you show spinning.


My choice here is to have go after an Insinkerator warranty without the receipt or get a replacement. I am not interested in anything that I can't repair myself. Do you know how I contact Insinkerator regarding warranty work?




Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you can call,(NNN) NNN-NNNNand tell them the model and serial # XXXXX hopefully its covered. herees the website also, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you